Sunshine Ace Hardware has increased its inventory of hurricane supplies and is featuring key items to help customers prepare for hurricane season.
The Atlantic Hurricane Season runs June 1 to Nov. 30. Forecasters are predicting another above-average storm season, with as many as 18 named tropical systems.
“We have stocked up so you can stock up,” said Sunshine Ace President Michael Wynn. “The key to hurricane preparedness is to take action long before Florida is in the forecast cone. That allows you to focus on your family and safety immediately before a storm instead of trying to find flashlights and batteries, and it also allows retail stores to replenish inventory throughout hurricane season.”
Sunshine Ace has worked with its suppliers to procure additional supplies if the region is included in the forecast track of a tropical storm or hurricane.
Florida’s 2020 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday begins May 29 and extends through June 4. Sunshine Ace Hardware has created special product displays and signage outlining items that qualify for a sales tax break, including special light and lantern combo kits. Sunshine Ace’s “Helpful Hardware folks” are available to help customers find and purchase necessities to replenish hurricane supplies for both personal and business use.
Items not subject to Florida’s state sales tax during the seven-day holiday include:
Selling for $10 or less:
- Reusable ice packs
Selling for $20 or less:
- Portable, self-powered light source (powered by battery, solar, hand crank or gas)
Selling for $25 or less:
- Fuel containers, including LP gas and kerosene containers
Selling for $30 or less:
- Six types of batteries (including rechargeables): AAA, AA, C, D, 6-volt and 9-volt
- Coolers and ice chests (non-electrical)
Selling for $50 or less:
- Bungee cords
- Ground anchor systems
- Two-way and weather band radios (powered by battery, solar or hand crank)
- Ratchet straps
- Tie-down kits
- Visqueen, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths and other flexible waterproof sheeting
Selling for $750 or less:
- Portable generators